Keeping gambling fun can take many forms, such as implementing time away from the tables, limiting how much you can spend, or educating yourself on game types, the odds, and boning up on how to play.
“There are many safety tips, but basically, make sure playing stays fun,” the Responsible Gambling Council Director of Standards and Accreditation, Tracy Parker, told Casino Shield.
She went on to outline some great tips to remember when sitting down at the online tables, playing online casino games, or betting on sports.
- Learn more about how the games work and about tools that can help manage your play.
- Play with money you can afford to lose. Use tools to keep you on track
- Don’t gamble when depressed or intoxicated.
- Don’t gamble when you’re upset or stressed.
- Limit your alcohol and/or cannabis intake while gambling.
- Manage your time and take frequent breaks. Use tools to help with that.
- Don’t try to win back what you’ve lost.
- Balance gambling with other recreational activities and priorities in your life.
- Seek help or make a change if gambling is causing you concern.
For more info on responsible gambling tools available to players in Ontario read this great primer from iGaming Ontario.